Editorial will be accepted from Australian as well as International
- A panel of peers will referee research papers.
- A local editorial committee will review other material.
Editorial is sought in six distinct categories:
- Entry-level articles for newcomers to the quality field.
These would include introductory information, use of Standards,
tools, case studies, etc. Up to 2500 words, including graphics.
- Technical papers for the Professional - cutting edge
technology. Up to 2500 words, including graphics. Academic
format, please, ie abstract, introduction, etc, references.
- Research/academic papers developing new concepts, ideas
and reports of survey results, up to 2500 words, including
graphics. Academic format, please, ie abstract, introduction,
etc, references. A double blind review process is in place.
- Advertorial. Describing a specific process, product or
service. Part of an advertising package. Up to the equivalent
space as the advertisement with or without graphics. A notation
will be made that it is an advertorial.
- New Products editorial always accompanied with a photograph/graphic
and usually with a paid advertisement. Up to 350 words.
- Technical or semi-technical editorial that describes
products or services included in an advertisement. Up to
the equivalent space as the advertisement with or without
All editorial should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
FREQUENCY OF PUBLICATION AND DEADLINES
Coatings & Fabrication is published quarterly in February,
May, August, and November.
Deadline for editorial: 14th of month prior to publication.
The features are repeated each year as follows:
September, Vol Y No 1: BIRTHDAY EDITION. Deadline: 24th August
Features: Coatings: Environment, Cleaner Production, General
Management Fabrication: Environment, Fabrication Methods,
December, Vol Y No 2: CHRISTMAS EDITION. Deadline: 24th
November Features: Coatings: Equipment - Abrasive Blasting,
Powder Application, Chemical Fabrications: Sheet Metal Machinery,
March: Vol Y No 3: Deadline: 25th February Features: Coatings:
Preparation for Coating-Chemical and Mechanical, Equipment,
Coatings-Powder Fabrication: Preparing for Fabrication, Finishing.
July, Vol Y No 4: Deadline 20th June Features: Coatings:
Training, Coatings-Powder, E/Coating, Electroplating, Anodising
Fabrications: Training, Metals and the Fabricator, Galvanizing,
PLUS Regular Features: The Management Page, ANTA News,
Calendar of Events, Sister Associations, Courses/Meetings/Seminars,
Q & A, New Products, Standards News, New Faces, Response Form,
Supply ALL line graphics or drawings as .eps files with
vector image-this allows us to scale the images up or down
to suit the space available.
Supply photos or graphics including photos as .tif files,
or high resolution .jpg or .pdf in 'Black and White', 'Grey
Scale' or 'CMYK' colour, either 56, 86 mm wide or 180 mm wide.
Graphics should be scanned at 300 dpi. For .pdf files containing
graphic images ensure that no compression is applied.
Camera ready printing quality hard copies are also acceptable.
Graphics embedded in .doc files, and .ppt
files or gif files off Web Sites ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Please email graphics files individually for ease of downloading.
Mail hard copies to
PO BOX 6198
UPPER MOUNT GRAVATT
THE REVIEWING PROCESS FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
- All papers are to be submitted in electronic form as
per the advice provided above.
- Information, which identifies the authors, is removed
from the paper.
- It is sent to at least two reviewers who are fellow researchers/practitioners
and subject area specialists.
- They judge the paper for publication, according to criteria
that which may include the following:
- Does the paper make a new contribution to the field
in terms of theory, methodology or practice?
- Does the paper relate to what has already been written
in the field?
- Are the arguments employed valid and supported by
the evidence presented?
- Is the paper clearly structured, easy to read, with
a logical flow of thought?
- Are the conclusions clear and valid?
- The editorial team, on the recommendation of the reviewers,
then decides whether the particular article should be accepted
as it is, accepted subject to minor revisions/clarifications,
resubmitted for review after major revisions, or rejected.
- The authors are contacted and comments made by the reviewers
- If the reviewers ask for the paper to be revised prior
to publication, the authors have the opportunity to make
the required amendments, and resubmit it for review. In
such cases, the same reviewers would normally be used to
review the revised paper.
- The time taken for this process depends on the speed
of response of the reviewers and the authors where revisions
- Reviewers are requested to return the completed paper
evaluation form within 4-weeks of receiving the paper for
review. Authors are requested to return the updated paper
within 4-weeks of receiving the advice from the reviewers.
PAPER EVALUATION FORM
PAPER TITLE: ______________________________________
(1) very strongly disagree; (2) Strongly disagree;
(3) Disagree (4) Neutral (5) Agree (6) Strongly Agree (7)
Very Strongly Agree
||This paper discusses original
| Conceptual Foundation
||This paper is
conceptually and theoretically sound
||This paper is
significant to the field.
||this paper advances
the field in such a way that others in the field would
want to be familiar with its contents/findings
||This paper is
technically and methodologically sound
employed are valid and supported by the evidence presented?
||The paper is
clearly structured, easy to read, with a logical flow
clear and valid?
||This paper was
interesting to read from beginning to end
| Clarity of Presentation
||This paper is
written clearly and unambiguously
||The tables are
well designed/structured and contain relevant information
||The graphics assist
in understanding the concepts
MAIN AREA FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- A ACCEPT for publication as a research paper in Coatings
& Fabrication. Minimum score = 63
- B RESUBMIT
- C REJECT